Thursday, May 5, 2011

Getting Caught Updates

Teaching update - I've been working toward my Social Studies endorsement so I could teach more than one subject. I took the West E test in April and found out this week that I passed. I still have some hoops to jump through before it's official. I'd love to have everything complete by the end of the year, but I might run out of school days before I'm done with the requirements. Fingers crossed.

Church update - I got a new calling at church. I now work with the young women. I am the personal progress advisor for mia maids and laurels. It's different than working with the 3 year olds. Example, sometimes it's so quiet during the lesson you can hear what's going on in the hall.

Home update - In March we moved to a bigger place. I love having a washer and dryer! We didn't go very far. Our new place is very close to our old one. There's a fire place and a storage closet on the balcony. Nathan really likes the kitchen and I love all the windows in the living room. We live across from the park-and-ride so there's always lots of guest parking. Thanks to everyone who help with the box collection and moving process. Special thanks to my brother Bryan and Nathan's brother Nick, and their dad. I got three housewarming house plants (that are still alive). They are my green plants with white flowers.








A new flower starting. I kept it alive long enough for new ones to grow.



This one is from my mom.

I love the way they smell.




This one is from Dennis. Thanks for the beauty.

This picture is against my red all over the fireplace


1 comment:

Jen said...

Yay for passing! I knew you would.