Sunday, March 14, 2010

Fall and Winter 2009

Some big changes for us in fall. Nathan started school in September at UW, evening degree program for political science. In October he left his job at Charter Bank in Bellevue. We enjoyed spending more time together while he was looking for a new job. His classes are very interesting and he's doing very well. I was getting a lot of sub calls and still working for the hotel part time.

Since we had so much more time together we were able to do lots of fun stuff. We tried 2 new restaurants in Seattle - Yum! For Halloween we dressed up and hit the town as some of our favorite TV characters, doctors House and Cuddy.

In November we had a few of Nathan's friends over for a big feast. Lindsey gets a turkey every year and we offered our place for the turkey event. Second Thanksgiving...that's what I'm talking about. This was my first turkey and I used my mom's turkey roaster so we had the oven free for baking other favorites. The most important thing I learned is that it takes longer to thaw a turkey than I thought... and it takes longer to cook too. Once everything was ready we feasted. All in all, not bad for my first turkey dinner.


Christmas was low key this year. Mom and Bob went to Utah to visit my brother Alvin and his family. We had Christmas celebrations with them early. We spent Christmas day at our place and had dinner and merriment with Nathan's family in Renton. Nathan has noticed a pattern that most "couples gifts" are often for the woman in the couple. So his goal each year is to give couples gifts that are actually for the guy instead. This year he did bromance movies and books - for example Top Gun and Pride and Prejudice and Zombies.
***here is Katy opening the bromance***

No comments: