I had to work on Saturday so Nathan took a trip to Bellingham to play video games with his budz. After work I took advantage of my free time to catch up with Jen and spend some quality time. We walked to University Village and got smoothies at Jamba. Next we enjoyed the nice day in the shade. We got dinner at one of our old favorites Pita Pit and met Susan before going to see a movie. Susan brought her nephew along and we joined some other friends to watch UP in 3D. It was a pretty cute movie, but there were a few parts I didn't love. After the movie we went to ColdStone for dessert where I quickly found myself overwhelmed by the options. I settled on a basic cookies and cream mix. When there are unlimited possibilities one needs to prepare in advance, if you can imagine it they can make it. Yum. All in all it was a WONDERFUL Saturday.
Sunday I talked to my niece on the phone and then off to church. I still teach the three year olds at church and I had 5 this week. The leaders got one of the mothers to come in and help me. It went ok this week, but I'm working on helping them learn the rules. After church Nathan and I went over to my mom's for dinner. Nothing like one of mom's dinners. We also checked out all their hard work in the yard, beautiful. Mom's even started a little garden project. I'm excited for that. Without a doubt Nathan's favorite part was test driving their new car. It's a nice red Dodge Magnum (with 22s). I took it for a spin too. It's very powerful, a big switch from my gutless car. After dinner I helped mom start her own blog. I'm really excited to keep helping her and watch her blog skills grow.
1 comment:
Portia LOVES to call you on Sunday morning. It is the highlight of her day.
Post a Comment