In February Christie, Teddy, Nathan and I made a quick road trip to Utah to say goodbye to grandpa Jordan. Bryan, Chris and Tucker went in a car of their own and we all stayed with Alvin and Faith. (Thanks again for your hospitality and great cooking.) We had a good time seeing family and catching up. Grandpa’s life sketch made me reflect on my experiences and memories with him. He has left a legacy of hard work and I’m grateful it’s a part of who I am. Grandpa also enjoyed recreation including sports of all kinds. I remember that grandpa love to wrestle and watch the boys and uncles wrestle. This is still a part of our lives today. There were several wrestling matches at Alvin’s house. Sometimes they ended up with everyone piling on top of each other, crushing the person on the bottom. Good times.
Christie and Austin had a match but Teddy didn’t really understand that they were just playing. (sorry about the poor film quality)
I enjoyed introducing Nathan to family he hadn’t met before. All the kids loved Uncle Nathan because he was willing to run around with them, play tag, play red-light green-light, and spin them in circles. But there were some things Nathan wouldn’t do…so I let Hailey paint my toenails and I painted hers. She did a good job.
We also had some fun playing Guitar Hero with everyone. I was best at vocals. Nathan is a Rock Star on the guitar. Drums were the hardest for everyone.
1 comment:
When it rains it pours eh? Thanks for the updates. Good luck with the substitute teaching applications :) See you in a few weeks.
Post a Comment