Sunday, June 28, 2015

Worst Mom Ever

This is a new little segment of the blog. 

Take it in good fun, the spirit in which it is written. 


This week I was the worst mom ever!!!

On Tuesday, Fox wanted pizza for lunch. We didn't have any pizza. Trying to explain this wasn't going well. He just kept repeating "pizza?" over and over again until he finally started crying. Worst. Mom. Ever....There was no pizza, so I couldn't give him pizza for lunch. The worst.

Then he wanted to pick his own lunch. So we went to the fridge. He spotted the mustard and selected that. I poured him a little mustard and got him some bread to dip in it. NO. That's not what he wanted. He wanted to drink mustard from the bottle. I didn't let him. Worst. Mom. Ever. Another meltdown ensued.

And then...there were these two little moments which changed the way I think. 

We were at a friend's house for a bbq. After dinner, they offered ice cream and/or root beer floats. He doesn't normally get treats like this, but I got a small dish of ice cream for Fox. After all, I'm not the worst mom ever. I sat him in the chair next to me and offered it to him. He refused. Ok, I thought, perhaps he wanted to feed himself. I offered him the spoon. He refused. I guess I'm doing something right.

At the park on Thursday, one of the mothers had brought Otter Pops to share with all the kids. Not wanting to appear like the worst mom ever, I let Fox have one. He chose, orange, of course. I snipped the top off and help him get his first bite. Then his second. The third bite, he took out of his mouth and started playing with and quickly dropped. I offered to help him get another bite. He refused. I offered a second time. He refused and asked for his water. Not so bad after all. 


No comments: