So there isn't going to be an exciting post for everything that's happened in the last 3 years. It's been an amazing journey with a lot of new things and firsts.
2012-2013 School Year I worked at Meadowdale High School in Edmonds. It was a great year. I had a few students that caused unrest. At the end of the year I told my students what we were going to name our son: Fox Carter Davaz. I got a variety of reactions. The best was when I told my 4th period class they cheered and clapped. Not that I need the approval of a bunch of 14 & 15 year old people, but I admit it made me feel like I was already a cool mom.
Fox was born that August, and it's been such an incredible experience. I had so much help from family and friends. I'm so blessed to have such a great support system. Parenthood is a big adjustment, but I think Nathan and I are embracing the challenge with grace, usually.
Nathan is still with Seattle Bank - 5 years now. He's now in the IT department as Business Analyst. His job includes a lot of fancy reports he's really proud of. He takes the train to work and is liking it much more than the bus.
This year I am working in an advisory role for an online high school: Insight School of Washington (powered by K12). It's not ideal and I really miss the content. It has been a blessing to work from home and spend time watching Fox learn and grow.
No comments:
Post a Comment