Sunday, July 8, 2012

Thanksgiving 2011


November is a sweet time of year for teachers. We get Veteran’s day off and three days off for Thanksgiving. At this point in the year, I really needed time off to relax.

My mom went to visit Jennifer and Richard for Thanksgiving this year. Nathan and I decided to host a small Thanksgiving at our house this year. So I made Thanksgiving dinner for the Davaz family (Dennis, Nick, Nathan and myself). 

With mom out of town I was thankful for technology. I had to call mom so she could talk me through making gravy and stuffing.  Everything turned out great. I had prep-help from Nathan (my sous chef) and from Dennis mashed the potatoes. 

We used the special occasion dishes to make the meal look even better. When it was time to eat, Nathan carved the turkey and we had a wonderful, relaxing meal: green bean casserole, candied yams, stuffing, mashed potatoes with gravy, rolls, turkey and cranberry sauce (a must have).  After dinner we slipped into food coma and watched a movie while we digested our exorbitantly high calorie intake…AKA make room for dessert.  When we could eat no more, we divided up leftovers and called it a day. So many things to be grateful for this year; I’m thankful for an amazing family, including the in-laws!


No comments: