At the end of fall quarter I completed a major project that demonstrated what I learned during my student teaching. I turned my project in on December 5th and put it out of my mind until last week when I got my scores back. There were 5 main categories and several subcategories that I was graded on. The scores are on a scale of 1-4.
What the scores indicate
1 - not consistent with expectations (aka not good)
2- performance reflects ability to assume a full time teaching position
3- performance reflects a solid foundation of a beginning teacher
4- performance reflects an exceptional foundation for a a beginning teacher
I am proud to report that I got a 3 all but three categories. Actually, in those three categories I got 4. Future employers don't actually see my scores, but now I can go into an interview with the confidence that I know what I'm doing.
This quarter I'm working on my portfolio and applying for positions. I'm willing to travel if I get a job, but there are several school districts I'm applying to that are close by. I'll keep everyone updated on applications, interviews and offers.
2 comments:
good luck! that's such a stressful time, but congrats on your new place. more room is always good.
Wahoo! Yeah...it is so close you can smell it. Hopefully it is smelling like a petunia :)
Post a Comment