Tuesday, July 8, 2008
Road to Recovery
Special Thanks to Jen and Nathan for taking care of me after I had my wisdom teeth taken out. After the surgery I woke up a little freaked out. Jen came in and helped me calm down. I barely remember the ride home. Once at home, we got comfortable and watched a couple movies. She got some socks for me and even helped me put them on. I remember she got me a yogurt…mmm gotta love soft foods. The rest of the details are a little fuzzy, but she stayed with me until Nathan got home from work. Nathan kept track of which medicine I took at which time. He got me ice packs and kept my water glass full. My cheeks were so swollen I looked like a squirrel collecting food storage in its mouth. Eventually I was able to eat solids again. When people asked how I was doing I happily replied “I’m on solids now!” I’m still not back to normal but it keeps getting better everyday. I realized just how much I take my mouth for granted. This experience has led me to commit to good oral hygiene for the rest of my life. I think having my wisdom teeth taken out actually made me a little wiser.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
How are you doing? Still feeling chipmonk-y? I can imagine its like when you're sick you realize just how much you take your (non)stuffy nose for granted! Keep feeling better.
Post a Comment